Dining Services Management Intern (Temporary_10 month)
Basic Function and Responsibility
Experience all aspects of BC Dining Services, including retail dining, catering and in-house commissary and bakery. Emphasis on food service management with hands-on experience, controlling food cost, labor costs and managing inventory. Ten-month program.
- Manage a dining operation with mentor.
- Provide customer service, responding to complaints, requests, and questions.
- Maintain sanitation, HACCP standards, and safety
- Proactively supervise employees to meet operational needs
- Recruit student employees
- Attend employee development workshops
- Ensure proper inventory levels as assigned.
- Ensure high quality food presentation, sanitation, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events and catered functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and demonstrate pro-active fiscal management responsibilities.
- Communicate equipment problems via established protocol.
- Frequently requires early mornings, late nights and weekends.
Degree: Bachelor's // Majors: HTL - Hotel Administration // Student Status: Alumnus/a // Work Authorization: Authorized to work in the U.S.