Communications and Community Outreach Intern
BENEFITS AND GOALS:
- Experience how public and private partnerships within Northern Virginia affect refugee integration into the local community.
- Gain experience in developing and maintaining communication with community partners.
- Develop interpersonal skills through community outreach and presentations about the community we serve.
DUTIES: In cooperation with and as directed by Newcomer Services Staff:
- Develop existing community outreach presentations to inform and engage our local community partners about the refugee and immigrant population
- Manage monthly Virginia Community Capacity Initiative (VCCI) and Volunteer Newsletters
- Coordinate communication with VCCI members, including the promotion and execution of quarterly meetings
- Submit social media postings to Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington on behalf of Newcomer Services
- Maintain a community partner resource list, to be used by members of VCCI
- Matriculated Student
- Open to working in a multicultural environment; good interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable regarding change in routines and duties
- Research capability and ability to utilize data to promote our programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience in communications a plus, but not required