Intern - Development, Communications, Marketing, Operations, and Data Analytics
The NDU Foundation seeks talented undergraduate and graduate students to fill volunteer internship positions in the areas of development, communications, marketing, operations, and data analytics. As an intern, you will work with a small, dynamic team in a fast-paced nonprofit focused on supporting national security education for senior military, diplomatic, and international leaders. Interns will develop tangible skills and knowledge related to national security as well as accrue significant responsibilities. You will manage projects, help plan events, and develop relationships with leaders and scholars in national security. Interns should be proficient in Word and Excel and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Substantive knowledge of Microsoft office including:
o Ability to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets of data, including logic formulas and pivot tables
o MS Word, including tables
o Adobe Workshop a plus
· Analysis and Research skills
· Ability to be flexible and turn around projects quickly
· Organization and logical reasoning to evaluate information, distill it and communicate key points
· Understanding of government and military departments a plus
Key skills we need:
· Eager to take ownership of complex projects with minimal direction (they’ll need to figure out how to do some things themselves)
· Attention to detail
· Willingness to learn new skills and technologies or advance current skillsets, specifically on MSFT Excel, Word, and PPT. MSFT Publisher.
· Ability to scour the Internet to conduct research
· Insatiable curiosity
· Willingness to try so hard that mistakes are made
· Knowledge of or eagerness to learn about government, military, defense industrial base, DoD, NDU, PME
· Focus in analyzing data and ability to identify trends, takeaways, and important updates
· Ability to distill complex and lengthy documents into 1-2 pages of bulleted text with tables, charts, graphics.
· Excellent writing capabilities necessary for drafting summaries of events and creating new content to be distributed on our website, newsletter and social media
*Please do not write a cover letter. We respectfully request that you use that time and energy to send 5 bullets on what you think differentiates you and why you want to work for NDUF. We would also request samples of XLS you’ve previously worked on as well as provide a short writing sample.
Internships usually run concurrently with academic semesters, from January-May, June-August, and September-December; however, we accept applications on a rolling basis. Beginning and ending dates are flexible, and internships may last across more than one semester. You will be a valuable member of our team, so we would like you to intern with us for 20 hours or more per week.
To submit your resume, XLS documents and short writing sample, please email email@example.com