Virtual Intern Business Development
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
IRI is creating student and employee partnerships that facilitate the growth and development of IRI's future leadership. The intern will support the work of IRI’s Business Development Department.
IRI’s Business Development team has grown quickly over the last four years from a staff of one to eight (and still expanding) today. We provide strategic and technical assistance to teams working on proposals and other business development opportunities. Our team works with almost every division at IRI, providing a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the various types of work for international development organizations.
- Availability to start on September 16, 2020
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
Possible Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist BD Associate with updating proposal tracker with missing data (for example, pulling thematic area data for all proposals in FY17 and FY18);
- Assist with formalizing the naming convention in the Tracker to better realize how concepts, proposals, and add-ons are linked;
- Assist with extracting past performance language from submitted proposals and updating the Past Performance Language Library;
- Support BD Associate to research foreign funding mechanisms, both in mapping and in finding draft grant agreements, etc.;
- Support research on creating profiles for private foundation funding requirements as needed;
- Support BD members carry out research and competitive landscaping for specific USAID forecasted opportunities as requested by division staff;
- Review and highlights relevant information in the DEC for future learning on one to two resources per month as identified by BD division;
- Take notes during donor feedback calls;
- Assist BD Specialists to develop chart, table, text box and other creative alternatives that can be utilized to improve the readability and aesthetic of proposal narratives;
- Update competitor/partner matrix;
- Coordinate updates to division org charts and identifies portfolios relevant for BD
- Develop understanding and skills for what makes a strategic proposal.
- Gain basic skills for developing cost applications.
- Improve copy-editing skills for finalizing professional proposals.
- Improve capacity to carry out competitor scoping for specific bids.
- Gain understanding of the various funding mechanisms and donors within the DRG space, including donor-specific requirements, priorities, and strategic value to IRI.