Virtual Europe Intern
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence - We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom - We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect - We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork - We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency - We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability - We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of
IRI seeks to create an engaging, purposeful, and structured virtual internship program that educates and promotes students’ interest in democracy and governance while building tangible skills for their future endeavors. The intern will work in the Europe Division and provide support to a diverse portfolio.
Interns will learn about time management and work on tasks in a fast-paced international affairs environment and be introduced to professional learning opportunities.
This position is virtual will start on September 16, 2020 for no more than sixteen (16) weeks and may not be extended.
- Availability to start on September 16, 2020
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Current undergraduate or graduate program student or recent graduate.
- Background in political science, international relations or related field and interest in European politics
Scope of Work
- Develop original pieces – such as blogs for IRI’s Democracy Speaks page – that highlight success stories from in-country programs or analyze issues pertaining to the region;
- Prepare programmatic content for external audiences by copyediting and formatting documents;
- Assist in the development of programmatic reports and deliverables;
- Manage internal databases and draft updates on political events within the region;
- Attend and draft readouts on virtual events on countries and/or issues of focus.
- Strengthen understanding of the European political landscape and threats to the region’s democratic development;
- Acquire project management and analytical research experience;
- Gain exposure to program design and support;