Virtual Intern Latin America and Caribbean
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
IRI is creating student and employee partnerships that facilitate the growth and development of IRI's future leadership. The intern will support the work of IRI’s Latin America and Caribbean Division.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Spanish
- Current students in or recent graduates of an undergraduate or graduate program in Political Science, International Affairs, Latin American Studies, or related field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, complete tasks with minimal oversight, and communicate clearly and consistently in a virtual work environment
- Assist researching a variety of topics for briefing papers, program proposals, and reports
- Support key record keeping functions of the division, including taking minutes as staff meetings, cleaning databases (contact lists, program inventory, etc)
- Monitors domestic and international media outlets daily for news on topics assigned
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations
- Assist staff with program administration and events, including interview coding, translating reports and other documents, logistics and other tasks as needed
- Writes as a contributor to IRI’s blog and IRI’s Latin America Twitter account
- The LAC Intern will acquire knowledge of the democracy and governance field of international development in Latin America, including aspects related to program management, monitoring and evaluation, program and business development, and external affairs.
- The LAC intern will gain experience in key project administration skills employers look for in entry level candidates.