Job Title: ISS-Y System Development Associate
Career Level From: Associate
Career Level To: Senior Specialist
Organization: Mission Applications (50992241)
Job Specialty: System Development
What You'll Do
Job Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Core Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with functional and business team members, project management, enterprise architects, system engineers, and application developers to design and develop enterprise applications based on approved architecture and business requirements
- Demonstrate innovation when designing applications and solving complex IT problems
- Ensure solutions are well-engineered, operable, and maintainable while also ensuring adherence to defined project management policies, change management guidelines, and quality assurance processes
- Work with IT project management to deliver solutions on schedule and within budget
What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline OR a Master's degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline.
Eight or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Mobile Development methodologies for Android
- Oracle or other relational database management systems with experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Web server technologies such as Microsoft IIS, NetWeaver, WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat
- Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, and IntelliJ IDEA
- Version control tool such as GIT, SVN, or other code repositories
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated success in a team environment
- Experience with ITIL processes and agile development is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements. Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job leveling charts for the career level into which they are being hired.
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to the lowest posted Career Level, and internal applicants in higher Career Levels may be considered, on an exception basis, to come across laterally based on the applicant's education and experience, and the scope of work being performed in the role.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance is required.
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may apply.
CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran status.