Intern - Product Analyst - Summer 2021
INTERN - Product Analyst - Summer 2021
Date: Oct 9, 2020
Location: LITTLETON, CO, US, 80120
Company: Lumen Technologies
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Marketing and Product Management organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. This division is responsible for the selling and life cycle of Lumen’s dark fiber. The team evaluates, sets pricing and approves all dark fiber sales opportunities to its customers. The internship will take place in Littleton or Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
• Review orders, contracts, agreements, and invoicing to ensure we are billing all appropriate fees, and that revenue is being forecasted and captured accurately.
• Enable and perform billing analysis on project activities to compare actual versus contractual obligations for usage customer base.
• Perform miscellaneous business financial modeling of product capital and expense cost structures to support product margin analysis.
• Work in propriety systems to resolve billing ticket errors and initiate monthly billing and reporting.
• Maintain and improve process and marketing documentation
• Review database and GIS information for utilization and availability of dark fiber assets.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Business or other related area and must be returning to school in fall 2021.
- Classification: Sophomore or Junior status by start of internship.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or Masters/PhD; as junior, senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2021).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Must have transportation to/from work daily.
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
- Ability to drive for results through leadership and flexible approaches
- Ability to build consensus in a matrixed reporting structure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to migrate through various internal systems and applications
- Detail oriented and well organized
• In depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite Applications
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Requisition #: 233451