Summer Intern 2021 - Enterprise Analytics Product Owner
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Develops and implements heuristics, predictive and optimization models across customer and product categories to improve business outcomes
- Uses data science techniques and analysis to understand supply and demand trends, operations performance, and provides actionable plans to leverage insights
- Blends internal and external data to provide market insights and creative benchmarks
- Use cases will range in focus and include activities such as web scraping, querying enterprise databases, creating supply chain analytics and financial views to support business activities
- Designs visualizations and communicates insights via PowerPoint
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate.
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Effective communicator
- Creative thinker
- Coachable, Teachable, Self-Starter
- STEM or Mathematics related major
- Preferred GPA: 3.5+
- Preferred Majors: Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical), Data & Analytics, Computer Science, or other STEM related majors
- Preferred Skills: Tableau, SQL, Excel; knowledge of programming (Python, VBA, C#, Java, C++); knowledge of statistical programming (SAS, R, MATLAB)
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!