Summer Intern 2021 - Telecom Expense Analyst Intern
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
As a Telecom Expense Analyst, you will be working with the Telecom Expense Team (TEM) to find cost reductions. Assist with telecom carriers inquires, ordering and disconnects. These individuals will provide feedback on how automation can save time and resources.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Audit and resolve long-distance (LD/MRC) discrepancies for telco provider.
- Understand problems from the business point of view, build and execute solid analytics work plans, gather and organize large and complex data.
- Perform audit on-site closures to provide accurate information on services that need to be disconnected for cost savings efforts
- Communicate results; develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, partners and internal clients.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred GPA: 3.0+
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Comfortable speaking to clients via telephone able to gather and validate data from various sources
- Able to document and compare service offerings to help with cost savings
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please con