Summer Intern 2021 - Platform Engineer (Phoenix)
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
The IT Systems Intern will be primarily engaged in designing and implementing Enterprise IT Server platform solutions based on Linux and Windows Operating systems, VMware platforms, OpenStack, File Shares, SAN and Object based storage. The IT Systems Intern will assist the Mckesson Specialty Health IT Operations Department on various IT projects as needed, with a focus on Server Virtualization and System Automation.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Scottsdale, AZ
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux server operating systems as well as performing OS administrative tasks (Server builds and patching…etc.)
- Ability to understand complex server, network, and storage environment containing: multi-site VPNs, Firewalls, DNS, Clustering, Load Balancers, heterogeneous server and SAN devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows and Unix scripts in addition to understanding the applications and utilities used to support the IT environment.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the following: C/C++, .NET, ASP, Java, Perl, Ruby, MS Powershell, Bash, Python, CSS, HTML, XML, JS, and testing APIs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program for the duration of the internship to be eligible
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program such as Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Preferred GPA: 3.0+
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!