Principal Software Engineer (III)
They're physically located on the TI Campus of Richardson, TX AND you'd be working remotely all but one day a week when you'd have to work from the Test Lab on-site.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The embedded Principal Software Engineer(s) will be an integral part of our Electro Optical Infrared System (EOIS) - Software Development Team.
- Develop embedded software and PC tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Determine hardware compatibility. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND “REQUIRED” SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience (Required)
- 3+ years of real time embedded SW design experience (Required)
- Demonstrate experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) – AND, have experience in bare-metal implementation for embedded system (bare-metal is preferred, not required)
- Experience with some embedded device drivers (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, PCIe, etc. *Preferably with experience on Linux)
- Solid understanding of multi-threading/multi-processing; concepts and implementations
- 3+ years of development experience in C or C++
- Ability to lift 25 lbs less than 5% per week or up to 20% per year, Walking, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling etc.)
ADDITIONAL “DESIRED” SKILLS
- Experience in initial hardware start-up and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Capable of integrating hardware / software AND, developing test plans and procedures
- Experience with modern software development processes, including software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, peer review, and agile development life cycles.