Summer Intern 2021 – EndPoint Engineer
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern within the Endpoint Engineering team.
As an End-Point Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with the IT team providing automation, security and platform deployment services to users across the enterprise and responding to business needs as they arise.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Provides immediate customer assistance for emergency and URGENT fixes as defined in service definition
- Properly documents and log all relevant information in details in incident management tool
- Escalates to Systems Administrators customer issues unresolved, with a concise description, actions
- Follows customer issues through to completion to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction have been achieved
- Assist in creating technical documents, and training material
- Perform periodic review of incidents, suggest areas of improvement
- Track and monitor trends of incidents in his/her area of operations
- Involvement in I.T. Projects and contributes to software and process improvements
- Daily administration and support of Cases on ITSM tool
- Manage processes for enhanced sustainability
- Part of the Agile team deploying applications to Cloud infrastructure
- Involved in IT workstreams delivering value to the business
- Working with the team deploying new platforms and automating tasks
- Identifying automation opportunities using trend analysis
- Active Directory
- VPN troubleshooting experience
- Cloud Technologies including but not limited to Microsoft Azure & Google
- Providing solutions for Analysis Trouble Tickets
- Working with vendor support to provide a solution to end-user.
- Experience with Security Products such as McAfee.
- Back up and recovery experience (Backup Exec and Commvault)
- Experience in managing requirements in a fast-paced and changing business environment.
- Experience of working effectively within a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Mac OS & Windows 7, Windows 10, Server OS
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies, please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!