Summer Intern 2021 - Business Systems Analyst Intern
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern in the Privileged Access Global Identity Services Team (GIS).
As a RelayHealth Business Analyst Intern you will have opportunity to contribute to RelayHealth through challenging and meaningful work while building your personal leadership brand and gaining valuable analytics experience. You will collaborate and partner with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems (with or without data). You will participate in business requirements gathering, and understanding process design and draft functional requirements and/or user stories for small reporting projects. You will also be involved with updating and maintaining documentation across various platforms and products and assist Product Managers and Business Analysts with creating documentation around existing and new initiatives. You will assist Business Systems Managers with special team initiative projects.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Atlanta, GA
- No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Passion for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
- Top-caliber critical thinking skills, resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Highly organized and proven ability to multitask • Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills • Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
- Passion for growth, development, and learning new things
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Passion for technology
- A plus if you have general business knowledge and proficiency in Excel related data analytics
- Demonstrated outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytic
- Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Enjoy working in teams
This role requires the following skills:
- Proficient with all Excel, information technology background, understanding of software development life cycle, and understand the process for code development.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!