Summer Intern 2021 - Business Transformation Intern
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
The Business Transformation Intern will work with the team to complete an independent project in support of a business transformation initiative or goal. Will be assigned a project-focused opportunity in a specific business unit and works directly with an Intern Coordinator and Sponsor. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry. The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching and fun, local activities.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Atlanta, GA
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Present result of an independent project to business unit leaders at the conclusion of internship experience
- Contribute meaningfully to ongoing business transformation initiatives, process improvement projects and quality management initiatives
- Perform periodic analysis of process and quality data and present findings
- Complete informational interviews with key functional leaders to learn the different facets of our business and build a professional network
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level.
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable asking questions to clarify goals or direction for assigned work - Positive, can-do attitude
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business, Finance and Engineering majors are a plus
- Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- Preferred GPA: 3.0+
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!