Summer Intern 2021 - Cyber Security Analyst (Dallas)
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
Within the McKesson ISRM Global Identity Services Team, the intern(s) will have an opportunity to participate in a structured program that will provide them the opportunity to experience how identity and access management impacts the company, support access management, onboard new security services, and script and automate processes.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in The Alpharetta, GA
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Engage and partner with business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements
- Perform research and analysis to support business function
- Document the business requirements, design solution, assumptions, risks, mitigation steps and also include process flow where applicable
- Work with architects, development and QA teams to build and test the solution before migrating to production
- Complete a project related to the function of the position
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the time of the internship, in a computer science, CIS, cyber-security or technical related focus.
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to work remotely and stay engaged with the team via collaboration and communication tools.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills – ability to put together presentations for IT senior management and Sr Business Leaders. Strong problem solving and team collaboration skills required.
- Data Collection and Analysis - ability to assess a specific business problem and translate that to possible IT integration solutions.
- Career interest in – Identity and Access Management, Privileged access management, CyberSecurity, DevOps, and Automation.
- Preferred Qualifications - Analytic skills, Windows/Linux server OS experience, understanding of PowerShell, knowledge of spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, punctuality, problem-solving skills, and a sense of urgency.
- High level of confidentiality - demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive information in strictest confidence and ability to maintain confidentiality in all business matters
- Willingness to learn, develop and contribute in a fun, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it.
- Out of the box thinkers wanted!
- Preferred GPA: 3.5+
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!