Summer Intern 2021 - 3rd Party Data Management
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern in the Privileged Access Global Identity Services Team (GIS).
We need a Summer Intern to work collaboratively with 3rd Party Data Management Team, Data Vendors and Business Users on creation/enhancement of data and process documentation that will improve 3rd Party data knowledge availability and accessibility across the enterprise.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Create a user-friendly catalog of 3rd Party Data available for business users
- Analyze and fine-tune existing 3rd Party data lineage documentation
- Analyze 3rd Party data files and document table definitions for different data sources
- Create a 3rd Party Data Dictionary that defines critical data elements, their significance and usage
- Profile data sources for measuring completeness/coverage of business-critical data elements
- Create a glossary of common abbreviations/terminology (e.g. DEA, HIN, Alternate Sites, DDD, NDC)
- Capture reference data and common lists of values, where possible
- Identify tables and data elements that contain sensitive (e.g. PHI/PII, financial) data
- Design process workflow to guide future document maintenance needs
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Some exposure to data analysis and databases
- Good Web Research, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Preferred GPA: 3.0+
- Preferred Majors: IT/Systems, Business, Economics, Statistics
- Ability to collaborate across teams and functions
- Detail-oriented, quick learner
- Knowledge of Pharma/Healthcare industry preferred
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!