Summer Intern 2021 - Infrastructure Portfolio
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern.
As an Infrastructure Portfolio Intern, you can be part of shaping the future of McKesson Technology’s Infrastructure, Engineering, and Operations organization. Joining our Infrastructure Portfolio Management team as a valued intern, you will provide refine and enhance Infrastructure Portfolio processes. These processes support the alignment with strategy and priorities that create the highest value to our business partners and McKesson as a whole.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Investigate to understand the sources of demand within McKesson Technology and McKesson Business Units.
- Research the standards and best practices to support the enhancement and maintenance of the Infrastructure, Engineering, and Operations Portfolio demand funnel.
- Apply learning to document the process to assess the Infrastructure, Engineering, and Operations intake process and demand funnel and provide observations to enhance the existing process.
- Understand the requirements of status reporting for portfolio reviews, assess the current process, and make recommendations to optimize the status reporting process.
- Collaborate with team members to create new or update existing Tableau data visualization and reporting dashboards based upon assessment outcomes.
- May assist in maintaining Jira project(s) as needed.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Desire to be a self-starter, thrive under pressure, and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Strong interest in process design and management.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment.
- Preferred GPA: 3.0+
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Management, Business, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Tableau a plus
- Quick learner with a team mindset
- Not afraid to ask questions or provide feedback
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!