Summer Intern 2021 - Security Operations Center Intern
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern in the Privileged Access Global Identity Services Team (GIS).
The Security Operations Center team is responsible for enterprise threat detection, incident response, and security operations. This is in support of our mission to protect the lives of our customers and company.
Through project-based work across key business initiatives, as well as hands-on experience, you will be exposed to many aspects of the business and draw upon your varied skill set. Furthermore, by working in the trenches with our elite security team, you will gain hands-on offensive and defensive security skills and gain the ability to think like a hacker, which will better prepare you to protect the enterprise. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in world -class intelligent security operations centers.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to put together presentations for IT senior management and Sr Business Leaders.
- Strong problem solving and team collaboration skills required.
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Ability to assess a specific business problem and translate that to possible IT integration solutions.
- Career interest in computer forensics, information security, security operations, business transformations, project management, network security, cybercrime, incident response, reverse malware engineering, development, threat intelligence or big data.
- Analytic skills, knowledge of spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, punctuality, problem-solving skills, and a sense of urgency.
- High level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive information in strictest confidence and able to maintain confidentiality in all business matters
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Technical Acumen
- Classes and or college major related to Cyber Security, Data Insurance and/or Computer Science
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!