Summer Intern 2021 - Project Manager
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a
McKesson intern team.
The Project Manager Internship will be involved with providing oversight, manage and lead IT business process integrations. This will include transition projects and activities, strategic Project initiatives,
Work on multi-year efforts and could involve system re-platform business processes.
Re-design and process transition and integration projects.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Irving, TX
- No company-sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Maintain project portfolio and pipeline of projects.
- Work collaboratively with all matrix organization including the business and IT service departments.
- Influence and gain commitment for initiatives and recommendations from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Business Performance team to prepare and track business case/ROI for strategic initiatives.
- Monitor, track status reporting for key initiatives.
- Financial Analysis to evaluate risk opportunity, versus benefits for key initiatives.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Teamwork/Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Preferred Majors: Information Systems, Finance, IT, Supply Chain, Business Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint) Product or Program Management Interest
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!