Intern (Research) - Washington, DC
Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is the premier government affairs, public policy and strategic communications advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific. With a presence in 25 countries, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated intern to join our regional Research Team based in Washington, D.C.
- Provide research support for BGA regional teams and BGA field offices in the Indo-Pacific relating to politics, economics, regulatory policy, international trade, strategic communications and business intelligence;
- Prepare and edit briefings, profiles, presentations, memos, research papers, BGA event handbooks and other materials for clients;
- Aid in the development of country specific news updates for clients;
- Monitor relevant news items for client updates on sector-specific developments;
- Cover events relating to the Indo-Pacific region at think tanks, universities and other relevant institutions and provide summaries to BGA staff;
- Provide logistical support for BGA events in Washington;
- Support the work of the BGA research team and larger client services team as needed;
- Assist with data inputting and other administrative tasks.
We seek a collegial and highly motivated colleague who is equally comfortable and effective working in small teams and independently and has the following skills:
- Strong research, analysis, writing and editing skills and the ability to utilize them in conveying critical insights on the political economy and business policy environment is essential. Familiarity with the AP Stylebook will be a plus.
- Computer competence with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web browsing tools is required.
- Specific knowledge in some areas of business would be ideal, including but not limited to: finance, energy, information technology and electronics, transport and distribution, manufacturing, fast-moving consumer goods, agriculture, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and media.
- Specific knowledge of and experience with the Indo-Pacific region is ideal.
- Professional level English language skills required. High proficiency in one or more Indo-Pacific language(s) will be an advantage.
- Both graduate students and undergraduate upperclassmen are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV/resume and short writing sample (2-4 pages attached to the cover letter). Please note that this is a paid internship and a commitment of 15-35 hours per week is requested.
Application deadline is March 21, 2021, or until the position is filled. Please address application materials to Head of Research Murray Hiebert.