Summer 2021 Intern Opportunities: Remote
The Democratic Attorneys General Association provides political and policy support to Democratic State Attorneys General in their mission to protect citizens, promote progress and support civil rights.
We are seeking energetic and hard-working students to join our DAGA internship program. This internship opportunity with DAGA is a one-of-a-kind experience that helps students learn more about the American political process. The term will begin in May and go through August (start and end dates are flexible depending on candidate availability). This is a non-employment internship opportunity. Internships are part-time and unpaid, but we can sign off on credit/service hours. Interns are offered flexible work schedules and hours are capped at 20 hours a week. Interns will receive a $250/week stipend to offset living costs. This is a remote internship. Applicants must have access to WiFi.
DAGA offers internships in four departments:
- Data, Tech & Innovation
- Finance (Fundraising)
- This is a fast-paced and fast changing work environment. The ability to organize and handle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines is required
- This is a remote internship. Strong communication skills are required.
- Able to interact with individuals at many levels and handle confidential matters
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research and computer skills (MS Office, etc.) required, database (NGP) skills a plus
- Humor, initiative, and openness to evolving responsibilities
Responsibilities by Department
- Contributing to discussions on earned and social media strategy
- Tracking media coverage of Democratic Attorneys General, candidates, events, and other key topics
- Preparing press reports for circulation to key influencers
- Drafting talking points, notes to media, digital efforts, social media posts, and other content as needed
- Posting on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages
- Curating, researching, and updating key press lists
- Assisting at virtual events as needed
- Supporting other Communications team day-to-day tasks as needed
Data, Tech & Innovation
- Assist the Data, Tech & Innovation (DTI) team in day-to-day operations
- An interest in political polling, analytics and modeling
- Contribute to the analysis and discussion of polling, policy, and current events
- Engage with campaign staff in a friendly and professional manner
- Experience understanding datasets, data clean up, Excel and SQL
- Collaborate with others on the DTI team
- Support overall IT efforts and deployments across DAGA
- Assist the Fundraising team in day-to-day administrative and operational activities, including donor prospecting and maintaining relationships with corporations, labor unions, foundations and individuals.
- Help plan and execute virtual events with Attorneys General, DAGA Partners, and senior-level staff.
- Help plan and execute virtual events with DAGA's 2021-2022 Candidates
- Conduct research to build prospect lists at the direction of finance managers and finance associates
- Ensure post meeting/event follow-up to support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Assist with Call Time preparation and follow up for Attorneys General and upper level staff.
- Build necessary communication and organization skills to cultivate relationships with donors and donor prospects
- Compile daily Finance Clips
- Assist the Political team in day-to-day operational activities, including coordinating necessary follow-up to candidates or campaign managers
- Tracking candidates, events, and other key topics
- Facilitate communications internally in accordance with the campaign requests
- Work with the team to ensure effective post meeting/event follow-up to support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Conduct research on candidates at the direction of the Political Director and the Deputy Director
- Track all traveling for candidates attending fundraisers and DAGA events
- The Political Intern will be asked to help with events in the Washington D.C. area as needed
- DAGA’s office is open 9 AM – 6 PM Eastern. Interns set schedules based on their availability & school schedule.
- DAGA offices are in downtown DC but are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- DAGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process onboarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
- DAGA values a truly diverse workforce and is committed to a culture of inclusivity, respect, and integrity.
- We strongly encourage women, people of color, transgender and non-binary people, and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.