Social Media Summer Intern
Save the Children is looking for an innovative, driven, and enthusiastic Social Media Intern to join our Digital Team! This is an opportunity for you to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and digital best practices. As a member of our department, your primary role will be to work with the Social Media team to help track social media content performance, assist in community management, utilize social listening tools to identify trends, and develop creative content.
What You’ll be Doing (Essential Duties & Responsibilities)
· Contributing to collection and communication of social media analytics using tools like Sprout Social, Later and Rival IQ
· Monitoring and replying to direct messages and comments from social followers
· Monitoring and communicating rising social media trends and topics of interest using native social tools and social listening tools like Digimind
· Assisting the social media team in developing creative content for new formats such as TikTok, Instagram Reels and Twitter Fleets
· Additional support for the Digital team as assigned, including but not limited to website updates, digital influencer strategy, reporting and analytics, and paid digital marketing
· Must be an actively enrolled Associate, Bachelor, Master or other post high school education program, or have graduated within 6 months of program start date
· Professional proficiency in spoken and written English,
· Demonstrate collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully within a team
· Professional proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
· Knowledge of a variety of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok
· Experience working with and organizing/presenting digital analytics
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Experience with photo editing software and creative content production
What’s In It for You
· Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
· Highly collaborative and innovative teams
· Flexible schedule
· The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
Classification: Paid Intern
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Dates: June 1, 2021 to August 6, 2021
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.