6th Grade Dual Immersion Spanish Teacher
POSITION: 6th Grade Intermediate English Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher
SALARY RANGE: Salary Matrix Schedule
START DATE: August 11, 2021
CALENDAR: 181 days
- Colorado certified teacher with an Elementary (K-6) endorsement. Out of state applicants will be considered if they can qualify for a Colorado license.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Master’s Degree in related area preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Under the immediate direction of the Building Principal, the teacher is responsible for the academic, social, and psychological growth of students in the classroom. Teacher collaborates with school personnel, parents and community agencies to provide quality instructional programs and to perform other duties directly related to this position description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Teaches language arts and social studies as well as other appropriate learning activities to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Telluride School District School Board preparing materials as needed.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with students, parents and Administration and receives immediate supervision from the School Principal and the District Superintendent.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Environmental & Physical Conditions:
Standard School environment; work closely with students and staff. General good physical condition necessary to perform the duties of the job.