Software Engineering Summer Internship
Are you hungry for a paid internship with a Triad's Best Place to Work where you can put your development skills to use? Do you want to collaborate with other developers to design meaningful code to be put into production? If so, Arch has the internship opportunity for you! We offer paid, full-time internships to college juniors, seniors and graduate-level students. Our summer internships last for 10 weeks, June 1 - August 6, 2021.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS THROUGH APRIL 30, 2021.
Arch MI seeks an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. In this role you will:
- Work on the Underwriting Automation team to help develop products for Arch MI and will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience.
- Learn how to code in pairs and perform test-driven development on our web applications and the Rest services that support them.
- Query databases to find data for testing and analyze trends of the usage of the applications.
Automated Underwriting (AQUA) is an initiative from Arch MI to develop an unified Loan Registration, workflow management and an automated Underwriting platform for MI, Contract Underwriting and Independent Validation Business unit. This is a strategic program, spanning across a multi-year road map with defined milestones in each quarter. This portal integrates with other origination upstream and downstream systems and provides an integrated experience for the Loan Registration users, Underwriters, Post close analysts, QC users and Customer service users.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This role requires an individual with technical skills and problem solving skills. The individual will work on a team and gain valuable experience.
Ability to work well with others, ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly, ability to follow directions and positively respond to feedback and ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Ability to gain solid understanding of software development concepts and methods, ability to learn principles and practices associated with agile product model including requirement analysis, software development and software testing and ability to learn Java and J2EE technologies.
- Candidate pursuing a degree in Computer Science or similar degree required.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
COMPANY AND PROGRAM DETAILS
- In your 10-week internship, expect to network with executives, participate in intern events and programs and become part of the Arch MI team.
- This is a paid internship and will be 100% virtual for the duration of the program.
- Arch MI also offers internships. All are Greensboro, NC-based and are posted through Campus Greensboro, campusgreensboro.org/apply. Non-local candidates are eligible to apply.
About Arch MI
Arch Mortgage Insurance Company is the flagship U.S.-based mortgage insurer of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a leading insurance and reinsurance company operating through its subsidiaries worldwide. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, our company is committed to our employees and our customers. Our Total Rewards package offers competitive pay and valuable benefits. Plus you’ll have access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth