Intern - Enterprise Architecture and Data
Click "Apply Externally" to express interest in a role and apply on the Teradata careers page
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Welcome to our team of top-notch data analysts and master data management professionals! We utilize Teradata’s Master Data Management products to manage the data that is used to generate insights on behalf of Teradata’s business teams. Teams like Sales, Finance, Customer Service, and Marketing all rely on these insights to measure business health and make strategic, data-driven decisions.
During your internship, you will work independently, with the support of an assigned mentor, and with other team members, on challenging and exciting assignments. As part of the Enterprise Data Services’ Master Data Management Team, you will validate some of the analytical approaches that are generating new insights on behalf of the business teams. You will support and verify the enhancements made to the MDM tool’s user experiences. You may also support the program that is establishing enterprise-level MDM standards and processes.
- Perform a key role in the SQL-driven data analysis efforts to validate master data
- Help shape the Master Data Management user experience and ensure alignment with the underlying business requirements
- Contribute to the quality assurance activities that will verify the Master Data Management user interface is correctly reading from and writing to the corresponding database
- Summarize and present the findings of your quality assurance activities
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Independent thinker
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with relational databases
- Passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program. Graduation dates between December 2021-June 2024. Your major is probably in a field related to Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.