People Operations Intern
Hudson River Trading is looking for a People Operations Intern to join HRT's People Operations team, a small but highly productive group based in NYC. The People Ops team is responsible for the well-being and performance of all HRTers across our global offices. From recruiting to onboarding to the continued engagement and development of our employees, the People Ops team is dedicated to creating an environment that is authentic, inclusive, and upholds our company values. As part of People Ops, it is your job to ensure we attract and retain phenomenal people from all walks of life.
Joining HRT as a People Operations Intern, you will find yourself contributing to the success of our 60-person NYC-based technical summer internship program. In this role you will be responsible for onsite logistics of a rigorous lecture series, setup and hosting of social events, and ensuring that all of the moving parts of the program are running smoothly and on time. You will also get to be a driving force behind surprise and delight elements for the program, whether that's a swag or cronut drop. When all of the day's logistics are set, you may find yourself working on additional projects such as the creation of materials for the program, coordinating details with the Events team, or contributing to research or administrative projects.
As a People Operations Intern at HRT you must be accustomed to working (and thriving) in an extremely fast-paced environment:
- You wear multiple hats and are a multitask master
- You are a quick, resourceful, independent problem solver with a “no job too small” attitude
- You are embarrassingly organized (think: color code your sock drawer)
- You take huge amounts of pride in doing your job well
- You realize independence is important, but understand that teamwork is critical
- Act as the point person for in-person logistics coordination, ensuring proper event setup and that activities start on time
- Coordinate talk recordings, lunches, snack breaks, and event logistics
- In-person and online people wrangling
- Housing in a single room will be provided alongside our technical interns so that you may more easily act as an onsite liaison between interns and the People Operations team - RA experience is a plus!
Experience with or a strong desire to learn these platforms is strongly preferred:
- G Suite / Microsoft office
- University student graduating between Summer 2021 and Summer 2022
- Hospitality experience is a plus
- Event and logistics coordination experience
- Articulate communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Strong desire to make an impact
- Incredible attention to detail
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable being a leader and hype person
- Excellent judgement on when to adapt and improvise
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Does this seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.