Electrical Engineering Intern- HW Design
This position is located at Grace Lake Corporate Center in Van Buren Twp, Michigan. The candidate will be working within a team of HW engineers designing advanced Electronic Products which may include Radios, Infotainment Systems, Displays, Instrument Clusters, and Battery Management Systems
Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as Visteon. And no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
Visteon is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry – the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies – have created unique opportunities for Visteon. We are the only automotive provider focused exclusively on cockpit electronics – the fastest-growing segment in the industry. We’re participating in this new era of technology in the same place we’ve always been – the fast lane.
The Electrical Engineering Intern will be responsible for specific tasks related to the design, analysis, build, and testing of advanced Electronic Products
· Perform Analog and Digital Circuit Analysis and Synthesis
· Vehicle Network Interface Programming and Testing of Electronic Products in Laboratory
· Generate reports on Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
On a typical project, you will interface with a core team of 3 to 4 engineers including
· Technical Experts
· Engineering Managers
More specifically you will
· Receive training and direction from Technical Experts for the tasks to be completed
· Interact with Technicians as needed to accomplish some of the tasks
· Generate reports and review them with Technical Experts and Engineering Manager
To be a good fit for Electrical Engineering Intern you will have:
· Sophomore status minimum in an Electrical Engineering degree
· Demonstrated ability to independently manage tasks and projects
· Ability to work effectively in engineering teams
· Excellent communication skills required
· Able to use Microsoft Office programs (WORD, EXCEL).
· Able to write detailed engineering reports and presentations
· Understanding of design and analysis of analog and digital circuits
· Familiar with embedded micro-controller based design a plus
· Familiarity with computer based design tools (Matchcad, PSpice…) a plus.
· Ability to interact with cross functional teams of EE’s, ME’s, SW, ECAD, Mfg.
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon
Focusing on the Future
Our company strategy focuses on emerging areas of the automotive industry, including autonomous vehicles. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
Working at Visteon is a journey in which our employees can develop their strengths and advance their careers while making a difference globally. If you’re looking for an opportunity that will change the world and how we interact with vehicles, join us. Visteon is where the best technical talent creates the future. Learn more about our culture here.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to achieve their career goals.
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future, to improve safety and the user experience. Visteon is a global leader in cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also delivers artificial intelligence-based technologies, connected car, cybersecurity, interior sensing, embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2018. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Follow Us For more information about our company, technologies, and products, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Additionally, you can follow our careers-focused channels on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with our latest job postings and the great work our employees are doing.