Planner - Advance Planning, Climate Change & Sea Level Rise
The Marin County Community Development Agency is recruiting for a Planner to join the Long- Range Planning and Community team of the Planning Division.
Marin County is widely recognized as an award-winning leader in addressing the unprecedented challenges of sea level rise, achieved through creativity, innovation, and an extra-ordinary collaboration with science, educational, engineering and advocacy organizations (see www.MarinSLR.org). The Planner will join a dynamic team responsible for developing, updating, and implementing planning programs including but not limited to a Climate Adaptation and Resilience strategy for West Marin, the Safety Element of the Countywide Plan, the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan, the Local Coastal Program and the Development Code. This person will contribute to our culture as they analyze land use, environmental, economic and social data, legislation, policies and regulations, and the concerns and aspirations of all the County’s citizens to prepare and recommend policies, regulations, and programs that will allow the County to successfully respond to evolving conditions and shape its future.
The Highly Qualified Candidate:
- Excels in professional planning, management and implementation activities related to climate change/sea level rise, land use planning and environmental resource management
- Applies a commitment to diversity when developing community engagement strategies and implementing planning programs
- Is a critical thinker who possesses excellent collaboration, organizational, public engagement, writing and presentation skills
- Is effective in making presentations before Boards, Planning Commissions, public agencies and/or community groups
- Commands a broad knowledge of trends, technical information, policy alternatives and economic implications regarding climate change, sea level rise and land use planning and their relationship to other planning concerns.
- Demonstrates dedication to planning and implementation work, displaying a high degree creativity, enthusiasm and self-reliance to achieve and maintain top levels of performance.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, drive, a spirited sense of humor and a strong commitment to public service.
- Can identify and integrate the best available science and the expertise of technical partners in a variety of disciplines into planning projects
- Can reach across departmental and institutional boundaries to build productive relationships and teams.
- Demonstrates strong capabilities in standard office and database software, and skills in Geographic Information Systems, social media, and the Web.
- Seeks continuous improvement in knowledge, technical skills, and experience to enhance the quality of their work.
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in their work and demonstrates a commitment to quality and the best possible results.
For more information about this position, please visit the online job posting here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/marincounty/jobs/3034327/planner-advance-planning-climate-change-sea-level-rise?page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs