Summer Construction Coordinator
Summer Camp Counselor/Ministry Team- Construction Coordinator
As a member of ARM's summer ministry team, you will create a Christian mission camp experience for middle/high school student teams throughout the summer. This experience involves hands-on ministry through home repair and kids day camp, daily Bible studies, nightly worship services, and free time having fun and building relationships with our mission teams and among your summer ministry team.
The work is physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually demanding. You will be working approximately 15-16 hours a day. Time off is only available on specific weekend days.
You’ll be expected to live out values of hospitality, compassion, and Christlike service. You'll work together with your fellow summer ministry team members to maintain your mission sites and to coordinate the daily/weekly flow of ministry activities. You’ll work and pray together closely to form a supportive, encouraging Christian community. You'll be expected to portray Christ at all times and to serve in a leadership role as create, plan, and implement devotions and worship services for our mission teams. You’ll also be responsible for keeping your facilities are safe, clean, friendly and Christ-centered.
All summer ministry team members must satisfactorily complete the summer commitment to receive their full scholarship. They must also participate in all evaluation activities, including but not limited to a 1000 word reflection essay paper due after the summer has been completed.
Ministry Specific-Position Overview
As a Construction Coordinator, you will gain hands-on residential construction experience and learn invaluable project planning and management skills as you coordinate plans, tools, and materials for our mission teams. The ideal construction coordinator has basic construction experience, has participated in construction projects as part of a mission team, or is studying a construction/architecture-related field. As a home repair ministry leader at the mission campsite, your service will include:
- Giving each youth mission team an overview of the family with whom they’ll be serving, which includes biographical information and all necessary details concerning the home repair/construction project.
- Conducting a daily youth mission team leaders meeting for coordination of the next day’s repairs.
- Planning for projects, purchasing materials, and maintaining construction budgets.
- Serving as the contact person for homeowners and scheduling both intern and mission team visits.
- Maintaining all tools and materials for the worksite.
- Advising youth mission teams on construction questions and possibly working on-site with teams if time allows.
- Ensuring mission teams have all tools and materials needed for their work throughout the day.
- Maintaining ARM construction trucks.
- Active in a local church community or campus ministry
- 2.0 GPA
- A passion for serving others
- Adaptable and flexible
- $1800 Base Scholarship at the end of the summer with the option of raising additional scholarship support (total scholarship amount can reach up to $5000)
- $30/week personal expense stipend ($300 total for the summer)
- Housing provided
- Most meals provided
- Mileage reimbursement for ministry-related travel in personal vehicles
- Intern Training: May 13 - 28, 2022
- Site Setup: May 29 - June 4, 2022
- Youth Mission Camps: June 5 - July 23, 2022
- Site Closeout with Intern Retreat: July 2 - JULY 3 1, 2022
Apply at www.arm-al.org
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!