As a Systems Engineer, you will work on problem solving efforts for a portfolio of veterinary diagnostic products in the Animal Healthcare industry, focusing primarily on our Hematology analyzers. You will work collaboratively on cross-functional teams covering a variety of engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate operates with a systemic, integrated and analytical mindset.
Exceeding customer expectations is one of our guiding principles at IDEXX. Our credibility as a company relies on our ability to deliver quality products to our customers on time and with no disruption to their business. IDEXX’s Worldwide Operations Team works to meet this challenge each day with a global network of distribution hubs and a focus on efficiency, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement.
What you can expect in this role
- You will holistically approach problem solving for products as complete integrated systems.
- You will characterize systems by breaking them down into their component parts and mapping out how each function will work within the overall system to make sure products will operate as intended.
- You will exercise analytical skills and tools to draw insights from large amounts of customer data.
- You will manage overall systems throughout post-launch product life cycle, ensuring each system is functioning to product requirements.
- In addition to your current areas of expertise, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills within a wide variety of disciplines.
What you will need to succeed
- You have a BS in Engineering (systems engineering, biomedical, electromechanical, mechanical, etc.).
- You can synthesize diverse product, scientific, engineering and business requirements into straightforward architectures.
- You are a continuous learner who embraces a growth mindset.
- You possess a good understanding of life and biological sciences.
- You can work with cross-functional teams.
- You are proficient in analyzing test results, assessing probable failure modes, and developing and executing appropriate corrective action.
- You can work with a full range of scientific and engineering disciplines required to build, test, and support electro-mechanical instruments to solve technical problems, including electrical, optical, mechanical, biological, chemical and software designs.
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical complex concepts to your team and other parts of the organization.
- You have flexibility with requirements and system changes.
- You are skilled at using analytical tools such as JMP, Excel, Minitab, SAS, Tableau, and other software tools.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals health and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement. Let’s pursue what matters together!
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws