Territory Manager Belle Fourche SD
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
REYNOLDS AMERICAN IS LOOKING FOR A TERRITORY MANAGER:
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: Belle Fourche, SD
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Marketing - Trade Marketing & Distribution - Field.
Territory Managers are responsible for representing the Company in the sale, marketing and promotion of its full portfolio of products and programs when engaging both retail outlets and adult nicotine consumers. Territory Managers drive the development and execution of strategic business plans and marketing programs, within a defined, distinct geographic territory to expand Reynolds’ market share and are expected to spend the majority of their working time in the field.
Each Territory Manager is provided exceptional training, including comprehensive Selling Skills training and coaching support, that enables individuals to leverage their strengths to successfully achieve targeted commercial quantitative and qualitative sales objectives. The Company demonstrates this commitment by empowering Territory Managers to challenge conventional thinking and creates an environment for innovative thinking regarding sales and marketing strategies. Independent judgment and decision-making, influencing/sales skills, business development, and data-analysis skills are key essentials to the position of a Territory Manager.
Reports to: Senior Division Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Achieves commercial sales and growth objectives within territory assignment in support of Division, Region, and Company goals.
- Develops a local strategy and business plan for meeting individualized territory objectives, including identifying, analysing, prioritizing, and targeting existing and potential retail outlets within geographic territory for product sales opportunities.
- Develops strategy for product and POS material placements to optimize sales and market visibility.
- Achieve customer/consumer engagement skills certification and consistently demonstrate mastery within Territory.
- Builds client willingness and capability to collaborate with the Company on key business fundamentals and drivers to accelerate the transformation of the tobacco industry, and to increase market share.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with local chains and distributors to increase sales and promote Reynolds brands through personal correspondence and influence, retail visits and presentations.
- Sell/execute the 5Ps of presence, pricing, promotion, product, and personal selling to customers and adult nicotine consumers.
- Analyzes territory to identify and negotiate contracts with new retail customer opportunities.
- Collaborates with Division Manager on territory-specific customer and sales planning, Company product initiatives, and improving market share within the territory.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you consider yourself a self-starter who gets things done and enjoys growing brands through building relationships?
- Are you hungry for responsibility, accountability and a chance to make an impact?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Established ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate with and engage retail customers and adult nicotine consumers in person
- Effective influencing, sales, negotiation and marketing skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- High School Diploma or comparable work experience
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and safe driving records
- Ability to drive up to 100 miles per day
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from heights ranging from 9 to 12 feet
- Ability to access and work in limited and confined spaces
- Ability to visually inspect and manipulate merchandise and advertising displays
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel and crouch
- Previous experience in a marketing focused role - preferably in sales, field market or business to business
- It helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover the USA while furthering your career. Through our career growth opportunities, we promote movement to new territories and eventual career progression to our head office.
Job Number: [[id]]
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century. When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
- Competitive annual salary
- Quarterly Sales Incentive Plan
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Daily-valued 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50% of eligible compensation. Company matches 100% of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to 6%
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Education initiative plans
- Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require all new hires to be 21 or older.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.