PUBLIC SAFETY BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
Hiring range for this position is $63,523.20 - $72,404.80. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Pay grade for this position is 24.
The Public Safety Business Systems Analyst will support Cabarrus County's Public Safety Division (Sheriff, EMS, & Fire). Experience supporting Law Enforcement, EMS, and/or Fire as a Business Systems Analyst or in a similar capacity is strongly preferred.
A strong desire to provide Information Technology Support Services as a Business Systems Analyst to Law Enforcement, EMS, and Fire is a plus.
General Definition of Work:
Performs difficult professional work involving the support and configuration of enterprise software application. Work is performed under the regular supervision of an IT Supervisor.
Examples of Duties
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
Eliciting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, observations, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis; developing application configuration skills to expert level to successfully support and expand the use of enterprise software applications; critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; working with program users.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Functions as a liaison between business users, functional subject matter experts, business analysts and technical developers.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Develops specific artifacts including requirements definitions, business process workflows, end-user guides, use cases and other supporting documentation.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can be implemented to solve them.
- Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of business systems.
- Making recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support business goals.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls and outputs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Analyzes and researches issues escalated from helpdesk, provides guidance and resolution.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of project management, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements; thorough knowledge of enterprise software application configuration and support focusing on enterprise resource planning (ERP) or customer relationship management (CRM); thorough knowledge of the operation, uses and capabilities of the installed computer systems and related equipment; knowledge of and the ability to apply the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) six knowledge areas; knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods, and coordination of people and resources; strong analytical, verbal communication, and written communication skills are required; ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times; ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and user personnel; ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; ability to prepare technical reports and manuals.
1 year of IT project planning experience is strongly preferred
A Certified Business Analysis Professional is strongly preferred.
Experience with RMS, JMS, and CAD platforms strongly preferred.
Experience with 911, Jail, Patrol, Records and Civil workflows strongly preferred.
Experience with Fire Marshall, Fire Dept and EMS mobile environments strongly preferred.
Minimum Education / Experience requirements
Education and Experience:
Requires graduation from an appropriately accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, engineering, business or related field and considerable experience in supporting and configuring enterprise software applications. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience integrating with and supporting enterprise systems preferred; MUNIS, ACCELA, Northwoods, BiTek Tax and Laserfiche. Certified Business Analysis Professional is preferred.