Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. Next has raised over $880 million from top tier investors and is the valley’s latest unicorn, valued at over $4 billion.
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey
How would you like to be a part of a fast growing and exciting insurtech company? Do you like to make a difference? Do you want to be a part of building something new? Do you want to be able to give feedback on product quality and drive change?
If you answered yes to the above, we have the position for you. We are looking for a Claim Examiner who is looking for a new and exciting challenge. We value our customers and take pride in servicing their needs. You will become part of a dynamic team where you are valued.
What you’ll do:
- Handle loss intake calls and complete a First Notice of Loss.
- Enhance knowledge of coverage, liability, and claims handling procedures.
- Identify claims that require escalation to a Claims Advocate, Sr. Claim Advocate or Specialist during intake and FNOL creation, and gather all relevant and appropriate information at that time required for claim resolution.
- Work close with the manager and other team members in assigning and handling claims.
- Provide excellent customer service while talking to insureds/claimants on the phone.
- Ability to handle new claims from email and claims submitted through our application.
- Adjudicate claims within authority.
- Reach coverage decisions based on information gathered during the First Notice of Loss phase.
- Communicate with policyholders and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims.
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements of all applicable jurisdiction
- Meet detailed quality assurance standards and productivity goals.
Desired Skills and Experience.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Required: Minimum 1+ years of Customer Service experience.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to keep multiple balls in the air, and make progress on all fronts.
- Strong customer service skills as demonstrated by active listening and the ability to show empathy.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products Candidate must have, or be able to promptly obtain a Texas Independent Adjuster License
- Desire to help people in their time of need.
- Proven ability to work and consult as part of a larger team.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.