Intern, Data Analytics
The R&D Strategy and Portfolio Management team has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Intern to contribute to the strategy and execution of bringing innovative veterinary diagnostic products to market. The candidate will work closely with our analytics team, focusing on the resource and financial planning process to build data driven insights for decision making. This internship will involve a 10-week project outlined below that supports this mission.
Advance the portfolio toolset used to perform data analysis and scenario modeling. The project has three main components:
- Data modeling, data structure creation, methodology and ETL process
- Mathematical modeling and algorithm work
- User interface, dashboarding and analytical outputs
Your project work will be touching all these components with a focus on enhancing the project datasets and accompanying analytics to support the team.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program with a concentration in business, economics, data analytics, data science, mathematics, or other related disciplines
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools for analysis, reporting and visualizations (Tableau, PowerBi, R).
- Basic data administration knowledge (ETL, Relational DB schema).
- Basic programming ability (SQL, SAS, Python, R or other relevant languages).
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.