Security & Compliance Intern
This is a paid Summer 2021 Internship. This is a temporary, full-time internship. Candidates must be able to commit to a 10 week program.
As a Virtru intern, you will work alongside our information security & compliance team to build a cutting edge security compliance program aligned with security best practice frameworks and privacy legislation (FedRAMP, GDPR, etc.). You will be paired with a more senior member of the team to mentor you along the way.
Tools we currently use:
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Terraform, Ansible, Elasticsearch
- If you are excited to learn and develop your skills with one of these specific technologies let us know!
What you will be doing:
- Researching issues and techniques around maintaining security in a containerized, Kubernetes environment
- Helping us design and automate recurring tasks, especially around vulnerability and compliance scanning
- Assisting with security scanning
- Assisting with operational security, as you help us streamline and automate
- Soaking up what it’s like in a highly-distributed, fast-moving development and security environment
- Working with lots of interesting people who are passionate about the mission
- Currently pursuing or current degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, Systems or Management
- Previous experience working within an AWS infrastructure and Github
- Experience writing code for personal projects, coding competitions, or research
- Familiarity with data structure and algorithms
- Desire to learn and grow with a close-knit engineering team
- Familiarity with Security information and event management tools (Datadog, etc.) and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, etc.) to meet security compliance commitments
About working at Virtru:
This is a temporary, full-time internship. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Virtru is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Virtru is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.