Development and Production Internship
MarVista is seeking an intern interested in the Development & Production field. This internship is available for college credit only. This intern will have the opportunity to work with the Creative Affairs team and gain hands-on experience in the entertainment field by learning the ins and outs of an independent film and television studio.
- Gain an understanding of the daily responsibilities of the Creative Affairs team.
- Assist with submission evaluations via script or book coverage.
- Understand the importance of cultivating and maintaining relationships with writers, directors, and agents/managers.
- Receive exposure to the development process: from pitch to start of production by contributing to administrative and creative tasks related to projects.
- Learn the creative producer’s role during a shoot and during post-production.
- Join in on internal and external meetings.
- Grasp each departments’ role in the filmmaking process: marketing, distribution, operations and more.