Randstad Life Sciences is partnered with PerkinElmer Inc. in Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania as they seek a Lab Technologist to join their team for a 8 month contract to start.
There is a strong possibility of this position extending or becoming permanent! (Contract professionals with Randstad Life Sciences qualify for Health Benefits and earned time off!)
6 Months,Likely to extend
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Conducts analysis of dried blood spots.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipments according to established schedule and procedure
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance [performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 0-1-year clinical laboratory experience.
- Working Conditions: describe office, loading dock, lab environment, include shifts and any travel.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.