Summer Intern- HR Business Partner – Corporate Functions/G&A
A summer internship is available in the Human Resources Department at the Foster City, CA, campus of Gilead Sciences. The ideal candidate should be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Program with a Major in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications or Business. The candidate will help support key HR initiatives. This intern position is in the Human Resources Business Partner function of the Corporate Functions organization.
Under general supervision, the intern responsibilities may include:
- Provide back-end support for the business through compensation reviews, talent development, performance management, organizational design, and more.
- Responsible for assisting and driving various Human Resources projects and actively participates in all other Human Resources initiatives and programs as appropriate.
- Develop a current knowledge of HR laws, as well as company policies and procedures
- Prepare HR-related reports and surveys
- Attend meetings relative to HR
- Provide answers to employee questions and problem-solve as needed
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Undergraduate (or graduate student, if applicable) in the or related field enrolled in a 4-year accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Workday knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external clients
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Show strong passion for building a career in Human Resources
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September
**Please note, no relocation is available for this position**