M&A Advisory Summer Analyst Program - May 2022
Citizens investment banking is seeking current college sophomores to join the execution team within the Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory group (“M&A Advisory”) for the summer of 2022. Through the 10-week internship program, Summer Analysts within M&A Advisory will work closely with the team’s junior and senior professionals preparing, analyzing and executing M&A transactions, primarily within the U.S. middle market.
Our internship program is the primary method of sourcing full-time Investment Banking M&A Analyst candidates. Over the course of the 10-week program, our summer analysts are assigned to active and prospective engagement teams. Our summer analysts will gain exposure to the true day-to-day responsibilities of an investment banker and will have the opportunity to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Financial analysis and modeling: analyze financial statements, prepare public company and M&A comparable analyses, develop leveraged buyout models and other analyses
- Preparing information memoranda and other transaction documents:draft key marketing and transaction-related documentsal a
- Preparing “pitch” materials and other presentations: develop and assemble pitches and other presentations and be an integral part of the team in delivering these presentations
Characteristics and skills important to success of a candidate in this position:
- Intelligent and resourceful
- Professional / articulate oral and written communication
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter / intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic / team player / high degree of humility, maturity and integrity
- Ability to work efficiently and to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a willingness to work long hours
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
- Undergraduate candidates with a strong academic record, a demonstrated desire to be involved in extracurricular activities and expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023. All majors / concentrations considered with background or coursework in finance or accounting preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Prior financial services internship experience/exposure preferred, but not required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.