Intern, Global Community Engagement
The Intern will assist with a range of activities in support of Sabin’s Boost Community, which fosters a global community that enables immunization professionals to connect with peers and experts, learn skills that build capacity and advance careers, and lead immunization programs in challenging contexts.
This global community is supported largely by an online platform - https://boostcommunity.org - where immunization professionals can go to create free Boost member accounts and instantly access trainings, resources and peers and immunization experts, which can support them on their learning journey. Currently, the platform hosts more than 1300 members from more than 125 countries. This diverse community includes immunization staff from national and sub-national levels of government along with colleagues from a number of implementing partner organizations.
- Triage questions/comments from the Boost online platform and track member engagement and insights
- Assist Coordinator with drafting and editing Boost online platform content, including drafting news posts related to global health and immunization, and uploading Boost partner events to the upcoming events calendar
- Assist Boost team with live engagement and course session support, including promotion efforts, session prep, day-of support and follow-up
- Assist Manager of Global Learning and Engagement in gathering and analyzing Boost data by country, region, etc., especially as it relates to Boost’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework
- Conduct research related to the Boost Community based on comments and questions raised through Boost member feedback (e.g., new topics for learning groups, identifying relevant resources for members)
- Support Boost member engagement strategy, including outreach to current members and exploring new ideas (e.g., podcast, ongoing features) to increase overall activity on the platform
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Current college student in a related discipline
- Interest in global health or a related field
- Strong communication skills (listening, writing, speaking)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Strong analytical and research skills
- French proficiency a plus
- Strong organizational skills, ability to process information quickly and work independently
- Detail-oriented, dependable and highly flexible
- Available for 20 hours per week during the summer (May-August) semester; preferably Monday-Friday mornings
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.