Logistics Intern (Summer 2021) - Westchester, IL
Ingredion is seeking a Logistics Intern to support the North American logistics strategy including bulk and dry van truck, inter-modal and LTL, rail and international modes. You will work with senior management to support the overarching strategy using continuous improvement standard methodologies to control cost and improve service levels ensuring customer satisfaction is met. This role will require the support of various important projects and initiatives, working with areas of supply chain including manufacturing plants, distribution, customer service and sales. We believe that this internship will help you to learn how to apply the skills you've learned in class to a corporate setting.
As the Logistics Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for operations including pricing requests, dedicated fleet analysis, and network analysis
- Understanding of larger strategies and how they are operationally executed
- Planning, supporting and developing continuous improvement initiatives
- Working with the management team to codify and institutionalize standard methodologies within the logistics group
- Offering data supported, out of the box solutions to logistics’ daily challenges
- Working with multi-functional teams to create a benefit that deliveries a better logistics delivery experience for internal and external customers
The Logistics Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Have good social skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently
- Are able to accept change and have a strong will to improve in an ambitious work environment
- Are a self-starter with a positive attitude with the ability to be productive independently
- Ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements
- Can tackle problems through innovative, creative solutions
Qualified candidates will need to have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor's degree program in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance or related field with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Skills with Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma)
- Ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within the business field
- Proficiency in building queries and managing data within Access, Excel, or Tableau is a requirement
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.