2021 Summer Internship - Licensing Specialist Intern (Insurance)
The Road Ahead:
Are you looking for a Summer Internship Program where you can hone your skills from the classroom to the boardroom? Where you’ll feel like part of the team? Where you will make an impact with the projects you’ll be doing? If the answer is yes, then SafeAuto should be the place for your summer internship program.
As an intern, you will work with a team of knowledgeable associates, working on meaningful projects for the organization to help us to better serve our customers. Through your time this summer you will have lunch and learns with Department Leaders to better understand how each function of the company helps make SafeAuto so successful. As a bonus, you will attend workshops with the head of training to tweak your resume so it gets noticed by the recruiter. Nervous for your interview? Learn how to be better prepared so you stand out above your peers.
The Road Ahead:
As an Intern on the licensing team you will play a supporting role in helping Sales Agents, Claims Adjusters & Motor Vehicle Damage Appraisers maintain their licenses. You may also assist with processing terminations and address changes.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- You will process licensing renewal applications for licensed staff.
- You will send renewal applications to Agents, Adjusters and Motor Vehicle Damage Appraisers whose licenses are due to expire.
- You will submit renewal applications electronically.
- You will use a variety of state/vendor websites to confirm licensing status.
- You will update internal systems as needed.
- You will store renewal documentation in an imaging system.
- You will process terminations for Agents & Adjusters.
- you will process address changes.
- You must have the ability to follow established workflows and guidelines.
- You must have a proactive approach to problem solving; a logical thinker.
- You must be detail oriented, highly responsible, and able to work within tight deadlines.
- You should have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You have proven ability to handle extremely confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and working with PDFs is strongly preferred.
- Previous work or internship experience in an office environment is strongly preferred
- Preferred majors: Business Administration, Communications, or any other Business or related majors
An immersive experience to dive in and contribute value by working on relevant, real-life projects.
Collaborate with your team, learn from your Manager, and have discussions with your mentor.
Have breakfast with the CEO.
Attend professional etiquette and development workshops.
Learn all about our departments and various careers.
At the conclusion of the program, give a presentation to your peers and Leadership Team!
Due to the ongoing pandemic you will work from home - spend less time in traffic, spend more time with family!
Employment and advancement opportunities within SafeAuto are based upon merit. SafeAuto does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. SafeAuto also makes reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law for qualified individuals with known disabilities. These standards apply to all aspects of employment, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and training.