Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, LP is seeking a Research Analyst to join its renewable energy infrastructure team. Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, LP is a $32bn (as of 12/31/2020) multi-strategy asset manager headquartered in Los Angeles that has been investing in energy infrastructure for more than 20 years.
This individual will report to the senior team members and will be involved in all aspects of the fund, including, but not limited to, conducting and assisting in industry and company research. If successful, the candidate will have the opportunity to take on increasing amounts of responsibility over time within the group.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who possesses a solid work ethic and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Being a small nimble team, we are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude and a demonstrated curiosity about the public markets and investing. Kayne is committed to a culture that embraces diversity of background, ideas, and an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities and belonging for all.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Conduct and assist in research of securities for potential investment within our funds
- Conduct and assist in industry research (market due diligence, assessing industry trends, developments, and new products)
- Assist team in preparation for internal and external meetings (questions, note-taking, etc.)
- Assist team in preparation of marketing materials and ESG reporting
- Perform ad-hoc requests for the portfolio team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- 1 - 4 years of experience in investment research, management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, or some combination thereof
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and verbal/written communication skills
This position will begin remotely until Kayne Anderson returns to office, at which point the position will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
Flexible start date with a preference for an immediate hire