Early Stage Program Operations Summer Intern (Part-Time)
DATES: June 9 – August 25 2021
PART-TIME: 20-25 hours/week
MassChallenge offers unparalleled opportunity for interns to make a big impact in the world.
As the Program Operations intern for the Texas accelerators, you will engage with the Texas innovation community, support operations during program milestones (project management, customer service, local events, content management) to support the selected startups for our 2021 accelerators. This is a great opportunity for an innovation enthusiast who is interested in engaging with entrepreneurs and honing in on project management skills.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day. If you have any questions about any words or “lingo” in the job description, don’t hesitate to ask what we mean in your interviews with the team.
A note on location: This position will be based out of our Boston, MA office which is currently closed because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. We anticipate opening the office no earlier than September 7, 2021, at reduced capacity and with strict safety measures in place. Once our office opens, you may have the opportunity to come in, and at this time we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
What You'll Do
Community Development Operations
- Support community manager by researching experts across industries and specialties and align these experts to the planning map for speaking and mentorship needs.
- Support community manager in vetting, tagging, and communicating with new experts.
- Support the community manager in handling inbound requests and referrals from community partners.
- Assist in survey and analysis of our expert program.
- Support the 2021 accelerator-customer service to our startups and experts, updating content, and communications.
- Support Partnerships team in any logistics for corporate partner requests.
- Assist in survey and analysis of our accelerator program and startup successes.
- Support customer success efforts
Who You Are
- You have exceptional research and analysis skills.
- You have experience with Microsoft Excel and are able to assist in creating databases and basic analytics.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- You are excited about and can articulate MassChallenge core values, value proposition, and key messages.
- You have the confidence to think outside the box and suggest growth ideas both big and small.
- You have entrepreneurial spirit and mindset.
- You can work independently, as well as collaborate within and across teams.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
- Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
- Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
How We Work
Our mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Put Community First
- Own It
- Love the Problem
- Build for Impact
- Connect and Collaborate
Whether you’ve never heard of an accelerator, you’ve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
- Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge FinTech.
- Experts: MassChallenge Experts are a core pillar for every MassChallenge accelerator. MC Experts are seasoned business leaders and entrepreneurs who volunteer their time to support startups as mentors, judges, and curriculum facilitators.
- Judging: MC Experts serve as judges to identify the top startups to participate in and rise as winners for any MC program. The various judging rounds include either an online or an ‘in-person’ pitch.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us why this job is compelling to you.
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.