Neighborhood & Community Services - Summer Intern
Summary of Position:
The intern will assist with all aspects of the Neighborhood and Community Services Department, which includes work involving our Neighborhood Services and Code Enforcement Administrator regarding all aspects of our work regarding Education and Code Enforcement in the Neighborhood and Community Services Department.
EEO Statement for application
The City of Delray Beach does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability, marital status, family status or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services
The City of Delray Beach is a Non-Tobacco Workplace. The City will not consider applicants who have used tobacco or nicotine products for a period of at least three months prior to application for employment. The definition of "tobacco or nicotine products" includes but is not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, snuff, e-cigarettes, and nicotine patches or gum.
Essential Job Duties
City of Delray Beach - Summer Internship Program 2021
Dates: June 1, 2021 – August 6, 2021
***Housing Not Provided***
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs complex administrative tasks and participates directly in the work of the Neighborhood Services Division. Processes general and specialized information coordinates office work as assigned.
- Prepares forms, weekly and monthly reports, and correspondence using office equipment and resources; maintains computer system by entering and updating information as needed; sets up and maintains files and scans documents. Performs research and retrieval of records.
- Provides exceptional customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers in person and over the phone.
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Knowledge of City Government
- Successful development and implementation of projects
- Understand the role of the Neighborhood and Community Services Department
- Apply and utilize education and experience to Neighborhood and Community Services Department
Currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or recent graduate majoring in Public Administration, Business Administration, Urban and Regional Planning, Education, Political Science or related field.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, bend and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Works inside in an office environment and outside in various weather conditions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests might be required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer, and requirements of the job change.