Internal Audit Intern / Co-op
The day-to-day activities and projects will provide the intern/co-op student with an opportunity to learn about the internal audit profession and Munich Re organization. They will be able to apply what they learn in the classroom regarding Risk Management/Audit/Accounting/Business Operations and Technology to actual day-to-day office operations. The intern/co-op student will have an appreciation of the insurance and reinsurance industry and gain an insight as to what it takes to be an Internal Auditor. Opportunities to participate on audits with experienced senior audit team members will be provided to the intern/co-op student.
Hours – The intern/co-op student should be able to work full-time during Summer and 15-20 hours during the Fall semester.
- Assist the Internal Audit team in planning, performing, and reporting on internal control testing
- Work on special projects, such as creating process documentation, completing risk assessments, etc.
- Support the audit process. This will include planning, risk analysis, interaction with Company personnel, testing and assisting with report drafting in accordance with appropriate professional and department standards.
- Assist with process mapping risks and controls.
Qualifications : Preferred Majors: Accounting; Audit
- Accepted Majors: Finance; Business Management; IT
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
At Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.