Video & Multimedia Intern
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI is seeking a Video and Multimedia Intern who will support the corporate communications team in the conception and creation of multimedia content, including marketing material, video advertisements, social media content, internal training videos, graphic design work, and photography.
This will be a fully virtual internship through the summer with intentions to extend through the Fall 2021 semester.
- Collaborate with LMI’s Creative Services team and Digital Communications Lead to develop video content for LMI’s internal and external audiences.
- Repurpose creative and video content for social media promotion.
- Photograph LMI staff and LMI events for marketing initiatives and refine images for posting.
- Work with LMI’s Digital Communications lead to write SEO driven copy for social video platforms.
- Utilize digital and social metrics and trends to drive engagement and grow LMI’s external audience.
- Create marketing graphics for social media delivery.
- Organize and manage photo and video library.
- Develop and update social and content calendars as needed.
- Assist on photo and video shoots as needed.
- Assist on creative projects as needed.
- Must be a candidate for an undergraduate degree focused in multimedia, video, photography, graphics, and marketing.
- Must be available starting at the end of May 2021 and open to the possibility of continuing the internship through Fall 2021.
- Intermediate or advanced experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud, preferably Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
- Experience working in Canva.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Portfolio samples in video production, multimedia, photography and design.
- Ability to design creative and compelling communication visuals and work with brand guidelines.
- Organized and works efficiently on multiple projects quickly and with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for collaborating with customers and a strong technical aptitude to create deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- All intern positions at LMI are paid positions.