EF Education First
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we’ll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to be directly involved in the full accounting cycle for an international tour provider. Working in finance at EF provides you with the opportunity to learn about many facets of our business and enables you to have an immediate impact. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to work on our team!
- Support our Tours teams by ensuring accurate reporting of costs for various EF products.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile bank accounts, prepare and post journal entries, and maintain reconciliations and variance analyses for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- On a quarterly and annual basis, assist with compliance in meeting reporting deadlines.
- Work with internal stakeholders to master the revenue process and manage the customer pay cycle.
- Manage vendor relationships, including timely processing of invoices and ensuring timely payments.
- Work with management to regularly update and improve operating procedures and internal control narratives.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Analytics or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute on the responsibilities you are given
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Excel and basic Excel functions
- Quick learner
- Go-getter attitude -- ability to seek out problems and find solutions
- Enjoys collaborating and being on a team
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.