Claims Subrogation Intern
PT Claims Intern - Subro
Job LocationHeadquarters - Baltimore, MD
Education LevelHigh School
Salary Range$15.00 Hourly
Job CategoriesAdmin - Clerical
Description and Requirement
Maryland Auto Insurance seeks candidates to fill part time, contractual roles in our Claims Internship Program. This is a part time position with a maximum of 30 hours per week for 10 weeks during the summer. This position may be virtual.
We are a leading insurance carrier in the State of Maryland seeking intern who will be involved in research centered around key industry metrics and data to help our company better analyze overall results. Research will include external sources as well as internal historical data. In addition to gathering, organizing, and updating data, interns will help design templates for future data collection and analysis. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in results meetings as well as communication initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Conduct data analysis by employee and provide an overall picture of performance and result patterns
- Conduct data analysis by group of employees to map comparison statistics.
- Conduct industry historical data research to provide results oriented analysis information for the supervisor
- Gather internal historical information for the unit and provide appropriate results driven analysis
- Build standard templates that can be populated for future data collection and analysis..
- Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about the claim handling side of the business including client communications and meetings.
- Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about additional communications initiatives such as social media
This position does not supervise other employees. This is a part-time, non-benefited position with the core work hours being 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flextime may be available with prior supervisory approval. This position may be virtual.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, or a related field
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience conducting research
- Interested in learning about data intelligence
- Very task-oriented
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
These roles will be located in our Baltimore office with free covered parking. Maryland Auto Insurance company culture is unique in that we truly live by our values of honesty, integrity and doing the right thing. This culture, combined with our lively team, make for a fun, vibrant work environment full of opportunities to learn about many different facets of the Insurance business.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office.
Interested applicants must submit an application through our careers site by the end of the day on Friday, May 28, 2021.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or federal law. Applicants who need an ADA Accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.